Sunday, September 17, 2017

It's been a while

I know is has been a month since I have written, but life has been busy this summer and then my computer broke down. Thankfully I have a computer geek husband who was able to fix it for me.

Since I wrote last I have done 2 additional races. I did a Mud Run at the end of August with my friend Molly. This race was not as difficult and it was a lot more fun! I was covered in mud, but I really didn't care. I had a great time and although I won't be doing a mud run next year; I would do this mud run again. I cannot say the same for the Steeplechase Mud Run, I don't believe I will do that again.

The second race was a 5k with my 19 year old niece that I did yesterday.  It was not my best as it was in the afternoon and humid so, my exercise induced asthma kicked in and made it more difficult. I told my niece who is 20 + years younger than me to not wait with me to go on ahead.  She did great and, although slow, I did feel okay about this race better than I had in the past. I think because I am looking at it differently. I don't care what my time is or how fast I am.  I am moving which is the most important thing.  I have 5-6 miles to get in tomorrow for my upcoming half marathon. Again, I know I will be ready I know I will not be fast, but I am using this more as a measuring stick. Next summer I have already decided not to do any mud runs. I want to concentrate on my endurance and getting more physically fit. So, next summer my goal is 2 half marathons. Okay, back to the measuring stick, I plan on doing 3 half marathons starting with this one in October and just see with each additional half (one in May and one in August or September of 2018) how much I improved. That is all I care about I could care less about being the fastest person in the races my only competition is with myself. No one else. I may do a 5k or 10k just to prepare next summer but I will not be doing any mud runs in 2018. Not to say I will never do one again, I am just taking a break and concentrating on my running and the additional half marathons.

Well, that is all that is going on with me. I hope everyone has a great week, and as always all comments are welcome.

Below again is my DeterMination donation for the American Cancer Society if anyone  would like to donate.

DetermiNation

No comments:

Post a Comment