Friday, January 31, 2014

life gets in the way


I know it has been a while since I wrote. I have had a couple issues to deal with during that time. I had a full blown depressive episode that lasted for over 2 weeks. I haven’t had one in a while and it took me a bit longer than usual to rebound from it, but rebound I did. I was starting to feel better, when during my training, my Planters Fasciitis came back. I have been icing it and stretching, which has done the trick in the past, but was not working this time. So, I bought a splint/boot that I wear at night when I am sleeping and although it is feeling MUCH better, I am still not 100%. So that has hindered my training. Between these two issues, my depression and PF, this has pushed back training for me. However, I still plan on doing 2 half marathons, but because of my PF pain I am going to push them back so the plan now is a half marathon in late May and another in August. 

Some may wonder with my PF pain why I continue to do the running. This is my 2nd bout with this but when it all comes right down to it I really love running.  If I didn’t like it this much believe me I would pick a different sport but I always come back to running so I deal with a bit of pain and persevere.

I also realized I like the half marathon length. The 13.1 miles distance seems to be my distance that makes me feel great. That perfect distance. I may just stick with that distance and hold off on the full marathon this year. Just keep working on the half marathon distance and becoming a faster runner. J  The half marathon just seems to make my soul happy.  And so therefore I will stick with what makes me happy. I plan on running some shorter races to help with my speed this summer, but my goal always seems to come back to 13.1 miles. J

Well, sorry I took such a long break but keeping up with a weekly blog when I have my training and work can be difficult. I am still going to continue to blog but it may be ever 2 weeks rather than every week. Well, for those in MN like me stay warm. We have been having some super chilly weather lately and I for one am sick of it. Have a great weekend everyone and as always enjoy the journey.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment