Monday, June 26, 2017

Gradual

I decided to change the day to write in my blog to Mondays. Sundays always seem so busy trying to get ready for the week that I always seem to forget about, so Monday it is.

So, I wrote in my blog last week, I was going to work on cleaning up my diet. Well best laid plans....After eating super healthy one day; I decided I needed to be more gradual with this. My # 1 priority is my running and I knew if I did to much at one time I would be setting myself up to fail. So, last Tuesday I gave up caffeine. Many may not thing this was difficult, but for me it was very hard. I was a Diet Dew drinker. I don't drink coffee so if I was dragging I reached for my Diet Dew. I would usually have a couple per day. Tuesday wasn't bad. Wednesday I started to get the headaches which I was prepared for. What I wasn't prepared for was how tired I was. So tired that at some point I almost face planted on my keyboard a couple times during work. I couldn't remember the last time I felt so tired. At one point I thought I was sick, but I was not, just wiped out. I also couldn't concentrate which can be a symptom of my anxiety, but not in this case. I couldn't concentrate because of how exhausted I was.

I decided to look up caffeine withdrawal symptom's. Wouldn't you know it? Extreme tiredness and failure to concentrate were at the top of the list. Around Friday I started to feel better and by Monday I am feeling so much better. It made me realize I never want to go through that again. So now my drink of choice is water

My list to gradually getting healthier is as follows:

  • Week 1-Quit drinking caffeine-DONE
  • Week 2-Stop eating candy and sweets
  • Week 3-Cut down on simple carbs and try to eat complex carbs as much as possible
  • Week4- Try to Eat only whole foods in my diet
This week my goal is to cut out sweets and candy starting tomorrow. I know I won't be perfect, no one is. I know that if I can gradually start changing my diet, by the 5th week I should be eating mostly fruits, veggie, healthy fats, lean protein, and complex carbs. If I have to I may need to do more than one week for a group, but if I do I know this is what I need to do to change my diet. An example is doing two weeks for sweets. This is what I think will work for me. Everyone has to chose a way that will work for themselves, this for me, is not a diet, but a gradual lifestyle change.

As always if anyone has any questions or comments leave them below,  my link for my fundraising will be below also if anyone want to donate. I hope everyone has a great week and will write more on my journey next Monday.

Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment