Sunday, June 18, 2017

taking better care if mysef.

Sorry I didn't write last week summer is flying by and I don't have the brakes to stop it!

I decided this week that I need to start taking better care of myself or I am not going to be able to do all my races this summer. I am going to test myself in the next few weeks and try something different that could help me both mentally and physically. Like this week I am going to really clean up my diet and try to eat whole healthy foods.  I will write down how I feel throughout the day. My goal is to see if my anxiety and depression are directly affected by my diet.

Changing my diet will also have a direct influence on my pre-diabetes. My family's genetic makeup, when it comes to diabetes, is very strong.  My mom, who is a nurse, has told me it's not if I get diabetes but when. Well, I am a bit stubborn and I really don't want to go on medication until I absolutely have to. To do this I have to take better care of myself by changing my diet. Although this sounds pretty simple; I  know it will not be easy, but I know in the long run it will be worth it.

So, here is my plan the next few weeks, try something new or something I have tried in the past to take care of myself. Whether it is meditation, yoga, watching less TV, journaling etc. I will try it and write in my blog about it each week.  If anyone has any ideas to better take care of myself leave it in the comments please.

My hope is that, maybe through brainstorming, I can try some new, healthy habits and others will learn from it.

Well, hope everyone had a good weekend., and always all comments are welcome.

I will be attaching my link to my donation page for DetermiNation, If anyone would like to donate all are welcome.

Thanks.

DetermiNation

No comments:

Post a Comment