Sunday, October 13, 2013

What you think matters


This is just going to be s short write up today since I am beat. I got my long run in today, 6.5 miles. So I am halfway to the half marathon mileage.  Was it hard? Yes, am I glad I did it? Hell yes. It means I am making progress, and I am feeling more confident about being able to do the half marathon on 11/30.  And confidence and mind games are half the battle when it comes to running and doing races or anything for that matter. If you think you cannot do it well then you are right. You more than likely can’t. I have to remind myself of this daily, since I am my own worse enemy.  Other people can tell me, I am crazy for doing a half marathon in November in MN. They are not the ones that matter. What I say and think matters.  

So, remember that when you are contemplating doing a endurance sport, writing a blog, writing a book,  or any other goal that seems out of your reach, what you think matters.  If something seems particularly crazy or scary remember anyone that has done anything worth doing was scared at some point. They believed in themselves and kept trudging away at it, and made it to their destination. These people are no different than you  or I they believed in themselves and we can too.  Well, I am going to rest and chill the rest of the night.  Again enjoy the journey.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment