Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Supplemental Training


Grateful for challenging days. J

Today I am going to write about supplemental training and adding it to your main training. I have been doing some weight training and this week I will add Insanity in place of the supplemental training I was doing. The main reason I am doing this is to just keep my body guessing. I mean running is obviously my one constant, but I need some diversity though. So, to do this, I add it through my supplemental training.
Adding Insanity once or twice a week as cross training is beneficial in a couple of ways. The first way is to add some spice [see above] just so I don’t get bored. The second way Insanity is beneficial is because Insanity is a HIIT (High Intensity Interval) program. It will improve my endurance and help me keep on track.

Perfect!
I am not a coach for or affiliated with Insanity or other Beach Body products like P90X or Chalean Extreme. I just like working out at home and have found many quality DVDs over the years and Beach Body has plenty of them.  I have a lot of fitness DVDs as a whole. These keep me from getting bored.

The best advice I can give for training and adding additional training listen to your body. It’s okay to add supplemental training, but know your body and make sure you don’t over train.

Well that’s my subject for the day.

Train smart and enjoy your journey!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment