Sunday, November 3, 2013

Reaffirmation


Grateful for reaffirmation of goals

 
I was sitting in my living room watching the Vikings play the Cowboys and thinking about my blog. Wondering how I was going to put my thoughts onto paper, So, I am just going to shoot from the hip.

I got my 9 miles in today and I knew I would after I reaffirmed my goals yesterday, Let me explain, I received an email from the race coordinator for the Moustache Run yesterday just giving runners the heads up on a number of points for the race. One of the things that caught my attention was the limit for the race it is 3 hours, which I expected.  Now most runners would shrug and say no problem. I am not most runners.  What it did for me was make me anxious because I know this first of three half marathons I am doing is going to be slow. This first half marathon will be run/walk intervals, which I am fine with. My pace for my mile right now on average is 13:10 to 13:40 when I pushed it for a short run I did 12:30. Yes this is slow again that does not matter to me. What matters to me is FINISHING what I started.  In the past I have had the tendency to allow my anxiety to control me and not finish what I have set out to do. I will not allow this to happen again. I WILL finish.

When I started this blog in early October I said I am going to do 3 half marathon within a year and improve with each race. This is my goal and this is my reaffirmation to myself. I will do this. I am following thru with what I started. NO EXCUSES and my anxiety is not a viable reason not to follow thru. To use a common phrase, Fear is not an option. Fours weeks to go and I am feeling stronger and more confident than I have in the past, which is why I know I will finish under the 3 hour limit. Life is goodJ. As always enjoy the journey.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment