Friday, November 22, 2013

Procrastination


Grateful for colorful Fonts

Procrastination, this is something that I excel at. J  Last night I knew I needed to get a run in, so what did I do? I plopped down on my couch when I got home from work at 5:40 saying I will rest a bit here then get my mileage in. Fast forward 8 pm jumping up of the couch muttering a few choice words saying “I shouldn’t run this late but I need to get it done!”  So, I broke 2 of my cardinal rules:

 

1.)  Don’t work out late as it will be hard to get to sleep

2.)  Get 8 hours of sleep. 

 
Well I am not perfect and that happens but it was a reminder to me to either get up in the morning and run or run as soon as you get home from work.  Well I know that running when I get home from work didn’t work last night so I am going to work on getting up in the morning to do my training AGAIN! This seems to be the one thing I have the most problem doing is getting up in the morning and training.  Granted I have gotten my training done after work or in the morning but it has been a struggle at times to say the least!

 
I tell myself though at least I am getting it done and keep plugging away at it even when I don’t “feel” like it. I just keep working at it and that is all we can ask of ourselves. Even when we are struggling,  we are doing it and that is all that matters. I keep telling myself I am too stubborn to quit and I don’t look at that as a bad thing. LOL J There are those that may disagree but really not my problem.

 
Well, I hope everyone had a great week and they were able to start, continue, or improve on any program they are doing. The main thing is to just get up and move; in out busy society that is always progress. I will write again on Sunday after my long run before I start tapering, but until then as always enjoy the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment