Friday, November 8, 2013

Food



 Grateful for Good Books

Okay so I learned my lesson [again] that, while training, if you are not eating the right kinds of foods you are only hurting yourself.  I have always had more of an issue with food than working out. Working out I can do that, get up and move. Eating healthy, well there, I have more of an issue. Growing up I never had to worry about it, my nickname was “string bean.” I could eat what I wanted and not have to worry about it. Well, in my 30’s all of that changed. I am not heavy by any means, but if I ate the way I did in college that would probably not be the case. So, time to start eating the way I should. Fruits, veggies, and less processed foods have been added to my diet the last couple weeks.  How has this affected me? Well, of course, my training has been better and I have felt less sluggish.  Let’s face it we all know how to eat better and take care of ourselves better. No matter what ads you find in fitness magazines; there are no magic pills to eating healthy,  No matter how many different lies we want to tell ourselves.  Sooner or later we always come back to eating healthy.
Now don’t get me wrong I still have my treat nights every now and then.  Example tonight my husband wanted pizza. I was good with that because I knew I could get back on track afterwards.  It’s all about balance not extremism either way.  When you have a treat dinner don’t ruin it by eating like that the entire night, come home drink some water and if you are hungry later on have an apple. The same could be said the other way. If you are too strict with your diet that you don’t allow yourself time to hang out with friends, or in my case have a treat supper with my husband, life becomes too strict. I need to have some flexibility or it becomes more of an obsession and that is not a good thing either. It is all about balance,

Next blog post we will talk about balance not just in your eating but with your daily life.

 Well, have a great night everyone and as always enjoy the journey.
 
FYI: I’m trying to have more consistency with when my blog is written, weekdays/nights are super busy for me so look for my blogs to come out Fridays and Sundays. Any other posts will be a bonus for youJ!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment