Sunday, November 10, 2013


I’m grateful for beautiful weekend weather

 
I’m sitting at my desk drinking my chocolate protein shake after finishing my long run of 9 miles today, I was thinking about balance in my daily life and how difficult it can be, but also how essential it is. 

While I have been training for this half marathon I have noticed that when I don’t have a set schedule with time blocked off for my training; I either don’t get my run in or I end up getting half the mileage in that I was going to run for the day. Although personality wise I am pretty impulsive, this does not help me in my training. I will give an example.  A friend of mine a couple weeks ago asked me to do supper with her. Which one did I want to do more supper with a good friend or train? Hmm let’s think about that. I also felt like if I said no because I had training she would be insulted that I chose to train over her. 

We have all been in this situation, we know what we should do but we don’t necessary do it. Well in this case I said, “well I have to get some training in could we do it say around 6:30” and guess what she was fine with that. 

Balance You need your friends to help you relax, you have to work, you have to train, and you have to sleep. These are all essential. Just write down a schedule day by day that can accommodate everything in your life.

The last thing you want to do is look back on your life and regret that you didn’t do the think you wanted to do.  You had some burning desire to do these things but thought they were frivolous and have no place in an adult life. So what! Do what you want to do and in the long run you will be happy for it. Balance.

 
Hope everyone had a great weekend and as always enjoy the journey


No comments:

Post a Comment