Monday, November 25, 2013

Pure Determination


Grateful for treadmills

So we hit our first real cold spell in Minnesota this weekend. The temperatures ranged anywhere from single digits to just barely double digits above zero. Thankfully the race on Saturday looks like it will be in the mid 30’s which is a heat wave for this time of year.  So, my question was do I run in this awful cold or try and grunt out 10 miles on the treadmill?  I ventured outside on Sunday to see what it was like. So, the treadmill it was. Armed with “The Avengers” movie I started my long trek on the treadmill. Little over 2 hours later I was done. Was it hard? Hell yes, am I glad I did it? Absolutely.  I needed that long run to feel confident for my half on Saturday.  Now I know I will finish because if I can do 10 miles I can do 13.
 Why did I tell you about this?  Well the main reason is to prove there are times you have to grunt it out even when you don’t want too. I am also eternally grateful that my stubbornness I have been hearing about since I was a kid helped me in this situation for a change. J

 The point is we don’t always want to do something, but in life if that “thing” you don’t want to do paves the way for something you really want to do, in my case the half marathon you do it, simple as that. So, when you want to quit think of why you are doing this and what you want to accomplish with this. It will usually give you the kick in that butt you need.

Sorry, I didn’t get this post out on Sunday but honestly after the run I was beat and didn’t get much done the rest of the day.  LOL

 

Have a great week everyone, and as always enjoy the journey
 
 
.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment