Friday, December 20, 2013

Depression


I am grateful for the ability to rebound from an episode more quickly

 I know I didn’t write a blog post on Sunday last week. Unfortunately, from Saturday till about Wednesday this week I didn’t realize it, but I was going thru a mild depressive episode. I didn’t feel like doing ANYTHING. I forced myself to train on Tuesday and did a real quick Slim & 6 workout. Then Wednesday I realized I was just down lately. This happens sometimes. For me, when I get this way the best thing is to get to sleep early and just do an inventory on how I was feeling on Thursday. I woke up feeling better, but still not feeling great. I forced myself to get up get a run in and do some weight training. Once I forced myself to do that I was feeling much better. Then that night I went to bed early again and got up and got a run in this morning.  Tomorrow morning I will get up and get some cross training in.  I think if I can continue with these morning workouts I can keep my depression at bay.

It happens every time during the holiday season.  I am sure we all are missing someone special in our life that is either not there due to distance or death, but we have to figure out what helps you during that time. For me I miss my dad but I know training daily in the morning is the best things I can do for myself right now. I didn’t always know this and there were times I didn’t catch an episode till it was too late and the depression would last for over a week. Living with clinical depression means being aware of your body and what helps you mentally when you need it. For me it is running, and training in general.

Although I was feeling really awful earlier in the week I am feeling much better just in time for the holidays! To spend time with those who mean the most to me.  Training in the morning is a big part of why I feel better. And now I get to enjoy my Christmas. I am one happy girl. J

So, my next post won’t come till Monday because due to Christmas I will be unavailable. This time it will just be late because I don’t want to interrupt my time with my family not because I had fallen into a depressive episode.


Everyone enjoy your Holidays whatever it may be and as always enjoy the journey.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment