Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lessons learned part 2


Grateful for recovery weeks

So I didn’t write until today because this has been a week of lessons. I started working out 2 days after my half marathon, big mistake. I didn’t realize you should really give yourself anywhere from 5-7 days off after a half marathon depending on how well your recovery rate is. Well needless to say after I worked out pretty intensely on Tuesday I was worn out the next day and couldn’t figure out why. So, I looked up recovery after a half marathon. I learned I did 2 things wrong. 1.) I didn’t give myself the necessary rest on my body before I started training again and 2.) Although I was drinking water I should have also been drinking some Gatorade to replenish electrolytes. Well, what do you do but live and learn.

I am finally starting to feel better and much stronger ready to tackle training again. I will admit making such a big mistake upset me. I kept telling myself, rookie mistake, and I should have known better.  It did depress me a bit and made me undermine myself some but I am better now. No one is right all the time and I have to keep telling myself that. I can be a bit (ok a lot) of a controlling person when it comes to myself therefore I am harder on myself. This is something I am constantly working on. It is not easy though. So, I will tell you what I tell myself constantly be kind to yourself no one is perfectJ. I will write more about my upcoming training with Les Mills Combat tomorrow but until then enjoy the rest of your weekend and as always enjoy the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment