Sunday, December 8, 2013


Grateful for learning from my mistakes

 
With the start of training again I am adding something different to my running training. Something called Les Mills Combat. It is workout DVD from the same folks that brought you P90X and Insanity. I noticed when I was training for my first half-marathon last time that I needed more spice as running alone got to be a bit boring. Yes, I did add cross training but I changed it up I think too much at times.  This time I am going with the more organized approach by having a set schedule, not just with my running, but with my cross training also. So, the first month I will be adding Les Mills Combat to my training and then after the first month we will go from there. So, for accountability here is my first week of training, I plan to get up each morning and get this done.

 

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
LM Combat 30
LM Hiit Power 30
Combat 45
Hiit:Plyo
45 min run
Hiit: Power
rest day
 
30 min run
 
30 min run
 
 
 

 
I learned a lot of things from that first half marathon. Although I have done a half marathon in the past; I did not document it in a blog like this. Therefore I didn’t learn as much. This blog has allowed me to put my thoughts down and really learn from my training. This is something I am very thankful for. Which is why I will be continuing with my blog I will need to continue to learn with each race to improve and that is my ultimate goal to improve with every race. Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend and as always enjoy the journey.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment